Thursday, January 14, 2010

Broken Heart and Cheesepuffs

Some days I am so overwhelmed by the amount of love I have for my kids. As I sit here to write this I can hear Payton making her sweet squeals as she plays and see Eli sitting on the couch with his Linus blanket and strawberry milk. Such simple things that make my heart swell. It's hard for me to imagine that God loves us more! My heart was crushed this week as Andrew came home from school crying for the first time....broken hearted! It was all I could do to fight back the tears myself. Nothing major, but here's what happened:
His class was doing a project where they take a sticker out of a bag and write a story about it. The teacher told each child to take only one sticker out of the bag....when it was Andrew's turn apparently he got carried away and took more than one sticker (okay it was more like 27 stickers but who's counting). One of his friends told on him and that's when the drama unfolded. He was so upset that he had done something wrong and that the teacher was a little upset at him and someone told on him. He got in the car just sobbing. I knew he should have listened to the teacher, but it still broke my heart to see him so upset. He would never want his teacher to be upset with him or think that he was bad. So we went to the store and bought 4 packs of stickers to right his wrong then he went back to school the next day, apologized and gave his teacher the stickers. I am so proud of my little boy. He is so tender hearted and I never want that to change. BTW...his teacher was never mad at him, he just thought she was and knew he had messed up.
Now onto Payton....well the baby food denial has continued. So I give...yesterday I gave her some banana, carrots, potatoes and 2 cheese puffs. She LOVED it! She was grabbing my hand and crunching down on the cheese puffs and trying to stuff the whole thing in her mouth...it was quite entertaining! She is 6 months today and I can't believe how the time has flown! Why must they grow up so fast?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...