Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Eli!

Five years ago today we welcomed Elijah Lon Richardson into this world at a whopping 5 lbs 3oz and things have never been the same since! 
My pregnancy with Eli was the hardest pregnancy out of the three kids.  Early on I started having bleeding and contractions.  When I went to get this checked out we learned that Eli was in fact a twin!  The twin did not survive and we lost the baby early on, but Eli thrived!  Can you imagine two of Eli running around...wow...that's a thought!
At that same time they also noticed that I had a Septate Uterus which means that my uterus has a septum in it that makes it two uterus.  (My goal in this blog is to see how many times I can type uterus).  This means that my babies only have half the room to grow and explained why Andrew was born so early.  Also explained my miscarriage of Eli's twin.  Anyways, enough of the uterus lesson...now onto Eli's life!
So because of this complication it caused me to contract all the time and eventually at 20 weeks I was put on permanent bed rest because things had started to change down there : )
A pump was placed in my leg that pumped continuous drugs into me to prevent me from contracting.  Add to that a weekly shot in my rump and monitoring twice a day with Andrew running around and you have a picture of what my pregnancy looked like.
At 37 weeks to the day I was allowed to remove the pump and at 2:00 that morning I went into labor.  Jesse told me to go back to bed that it was all in my head, so I went to the couch and timed my contractions.  At 5:00 I went and woke him up and told him I was really in labor and off to the hospital we went.  When we arrived I found out that not only was I in labor, but I was already 6 cm dilated...yikes!  No wonder I was hurting...stupid Jesse ; )
After a long hard pregnancy on bed rest we were greeted with Eli after 1 1/2 pushes!  That's why I like having little babies ; )  He has added so much to our lives and makes us laugh daily!  We love you Eli...HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...