Monday, September 13, 2010

Punching????

I want to tell this story, but I want to say first that this was just a JOKE! The Red's were not serious, they were just being funny little boys. Please do not look down upon us as bad parents (or bad mother for sharing).



Here lately The Red's have been all about punching.  I'm not talking about for real mad punching, I'm talking about the playful wrestling punches.  They run around punching their Dad, punching Grandman, and of course punching each other.......again let me say, "all in a playful manor".  I have no idea what sparked this interest, but they think it's the funniest thing ever.
The other night we were getting the boys into bed and getting ready to say our prayers.  As always Jesse opens the floor to the Red's and offers them a chance to say what they want to pray for.  Sometimes we get some really crazy answers from these silly guys and this time had to be the strangest answer yet.  Here's how the conversation went down:
 
Jesse: "boys, what would you like to pray for tonight?"
Andrew: "I want to pray that I can punch Jesus"  (please keep in mind he is 6 and being SILLY)
 
Jesse got a shocked look on his face but before he could answer Eli chimed in.
 
Eli: "I want to pray to punch Jesus too"
 
They both giggled and squirmed around thinking how silly they were
 
Jesse:  "Andrew, that has to be the meanest thing I've ever heard you say"
 
The reality of what they said kicked in and Andrew starts doing back strokes
 
Andrew: "UM, I think that I want to pray that Jesus forgets that I ever said that"
Eli:  "Yea, me too"
 
Good choice boys!!!!  But just for extra measure we read them the story of Sodom and Gomorrah......  ; )  I'm kidding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...