Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Loaded Potato Soup

Loaded Potato Soup
I got this recipe from my friend Christi Gibson.  I have been looking for a Potato soup recipe for years that resembled O'Charley's recipe because that is my FAVORITE!!!!  I revised it a little, because I didn't have certain things on hand, but gave you guys the true recipe. It is out of this world GOOD and hits the spot on those cold rainy sick days!  Hope you all enjoy!

3 lbs red potatoes, peeled and diced
1/4 cup butter melted
1/4 cup flour
8 cups half and half
1 16 oz package of Velveeta cheese (diced up)
white pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
1 tsp hot pepper sauce
bacon cooked crisp
shredded cheddar cheese
chopped fresh chives
a sprinkle of parsley (optional, and the original recipe called for fresh parsley, I used dired)
(I think I salted to taste also)

Cook the diced potatoes for around 10 minutes or until about 3/4 way done.  In a seperate large pot combine the melted butter and flour and mix until smooth.  Then place over low heat and gradually stir in the half and half.  Continue to stir until smooth and the liquid begins to thicken (I used the Silicone Sauce Whisk from Pampered Chef)  http://www.pamperedchef.biz/tonyabeasley?page=products-detail&categoryId=123&itemId=2481&productId=13823
It works great with stuff like this!
I also bumped up the heat a little so I could get the sauce to thicken.  Now add in your Velveeta cheese cubes and stir until all melted together.  Head back over to your pototoes and drain them, then add to your soup sauce.  Stir in your pepper, garlic powder, hot sauce and salt here tasting after adding to make sure your soup is spot on to your liking!
Cover and cook over low hear for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
When ready to serve, have your bacon crumbled in a bowl, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped chives all ready to add in!
~Now, sit back, relax and enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...