Monday, November 29, 2010

Oh Where Is My Night Gown?

If any of you are Veggie Tale fans then you will know what song I am talking about immediately when I say: "Oh where is my hair brush" (you can watch the Veggie Tales clip here if you have no idea what I'm talking about and this whole thing will make a lot more sense!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm7r8RHfzeM&feature=player_embedded).  So for this blog I thought I'd change the lyrics a bit to suite the story......to...you guessed it..... "oh where is my night gown". 

Narrator: "Now it's time for silly songs with The Red's. The part of the show where The Red's come out and sing a silly song.

Our curtain opens as Grandma, having just finished her evening bath, is searching for her night gown. Having no success, Grandma cries out..."Oh, where is my night gown? Oh where is my night gown? Oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where oh, where ... is my night gown?"
Narrator: "Having heard her cry, The Sarge enters the scene. Shocked and slightly embarrassed at the sight of Grandma in a towel, Sarge regains her composure and reports ... "I think I saw your night gown back there on the bed!"
Grandma: "Back there is my night gown. Back there is my night gown. Back there, back there, oh, where, back there, oh, where, oh, where, back there, back there, back there ... is my night gown?"
Narrator: "Having heard her joyous proclamation, Grandman enters the scene. Shocked and slightly embarrassed at the sight of Grandma in a towel, Grandman regains his composure and comments ... "Why do you need a night gown? You can sleep in the buff!"
Narrator: "Grandma is taken aback. The thought had never occurred to her. No night gown? What would this mean? What will become of her? What will become of her night gown? Grandma wonders ... "No one cares for my night gown. No one cares for my nightgown. No one cares, no one cares, nowhere, no one cares, no one cares, no one cares, no where back there, no one cares... for my night gown."
Narrator: "Having heard her wonderings, Eli, one of the Red's, enters the scene. Shocked and slightly embarrassed at the sight of Grandma in a towel, Eli regains his composure and confesses ... "Grandma, that silky pink night gown of yours ... Well, Sissy Lou was cold and you don't really need it. So, well, I'm sorry ... I didn't know. But I gave it to Sissy Lou 'cause she's got no blanket!"
Narrator: "Feeling a deep sense of loss, Grandma stumbles back and laments..."
Grandma: "Not fair! Oh, my night gown. Not fair! My poor night gown. Not fair, not fair, no one cares, not fair, nowhere, no one cares, not fair ,not fair, not fair! My silky pink night gown!"
Narrator: "Having heard her lament, Sissy Lou enters the scene. herself in a towel, both Grandma and Sissy Lou are shocked and slightly embarrassed at the sight of each other. But recognizing Grandma's generosity, Sissy Lou is thankful ..."
Sissy Lou: "ysajdll atlke bloow suej"  baby talk for: "Thanks for the blanket/night gown."
Narrator: "Yes, good has been done here. Sissy Lou exits the scene. Grandma smiles, but, still feeling an emotional attachment for her night gown, calls out ... "Take care of my night gown. Take care, of my night gown. Take care, take care, don't dare not care. Take care. Some one cares. No fair. Take care, take care ... of my night gown."
Narrator: "The end!"


Okay, if you are completely lost....here's the story in a nut shell:
Grandma and Grandman came up to visit for Thanksgiving.  The first night grandma was getting ready for bed and pulled out her silky pink night gown and robe and laid it on the bed (she's old school and has to sleep in a night gown every night).  She was distracted and ended up staying up a while longer talking.  I had put Sissy Lou to bed earlier and the Red's were running around playing.  When it was time for everyone to go to bed Grandma couldn't find her night gown.  She swore she had laid it on the bed with her robe.  The robe was still there...well it had been thrown around a little, but it was still there.  So the search was on for Grandma's night gown.  I searched every where...behind the bed, under the bed, closets, drawers...every where.  Finally I decided that I would question the Red's....because we all know they are sneaky little boogers.  I pulled Andrew to the side first and he looked clueless so I moved on to Eli....who didn't look so clueless....but also looked a little confused.  I said "Eli tell mommy the truth...you are not in trouble....we just need to find Grandma's night gown". He still looked confused and it was then that the thought occurred to me...it was pink....I bet he thought it was a blanket...so I follow up with "you know, the pink blanket that was on your bed".  With that he tilts his head to the side (signature Eli) and says "OH YEA...I gave it to Sissy Lou". 
So I went into Sissy Lou's room (the one place I didn't look) only to find the night gown lying over the sleeping Sissy.
And that is the story of the missing night gown...mystery solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...