Thursday, July 8, 2010

#1 Honeymoon Blues

#1
Honeymoon Blues
Now for the moment you have all been waiting for.....all these stories to be over with.  #1 funny moment with Jesse and I (and it wasn't that funny at the time, but over the years we  or I have laughed a lot about it).....Our Honeymoon!
Like most people I was looking forward to our honeymoon.  There are certain expectations that people have when they get married about the honeymoon....and that is "marital moments".  We decided that we would just take it easy and rent a cabin in the Smoky Mountains.  This suited both of our personalities and we just perused around town, shopped, went on nature hikes, watched movies, ate and enjoyed the hot tub.  The only bad thing about commercial hot tubs is that they put a ton of chlorine in the water to keep everything clean.  Not a problem while you're in it, but for some (Jesse) it may cause a problem later.
You see, between the over chlorinated water of the hot tub and the extremely harsh commercial detergent they used on the towels Jesse developed a rash, allergic reaction, chaffing....who knows....but it was something...."down there".   It hurt him to sit, stand, or lay down and forget about walking. He said it felt like certain things were on fire. Being the understanding new bride that I was I didn't see what the big problem was.  I mean come on....it was our honeymoon and my expectations......well.....they were there.  Needless to say there wasn't many "marital moments" to speak of on our honeymoon and in fact Jesse was a big baby about the whole thing ; ) Maybe not the funniest moment between us, but I felt like it deserved the #1 slot because it in fact got our marriage off to our funny start "marital momentless"!

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY JESSE!!!! I love you so much and am so thankful that God blessed me with such a wonderful man!  I love all of our moments and look forward to many many more funny snot laughing times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...