Monday, July 26, 2010

Beautiful Irony

Jesse and I typically do not make a lot of large purchases because Jesse will get a case of buyer's remorse.  Only when he really wants something or sees reason does he let his white knuckles get some blood flow to the funds.  I'm okay with this because I can be a bit of a shopaholic and he balances me out nicely.  No need to lie to anyone...I LOVE to SHOP!  The other day I finally convinced Jesse that we needed a larger table in the kitchen area because we now have 3 kids.  Our table now only seats 4 and who wants to eat in the dining room every night where they would destroy my carpet?  I have searched everywhere and found the table of my dreams....Pottery Barn.....only problem is Jesse squashed my heart and said the words I hate most "NO".....too expensive for a table *sob*!  I recollected myself and started my search again, I found a few, but nothing that would suit us both (cheap, stylish, sturdy and 5 chairs).  I wasn't having much luck until one day I happened upon a table that was perfect!  8 chairs, Walnut finish, leather seats....beautiful!  I drug Jesse to the store Sunday after church and we made the purchase...a little more than he wanted to spend, but he knew I was happy with my find.....and did I mention 8 CHAIRS!!! 

He also didn't have a dog in the race because earlier that day he committed himself in buying a full blown state of the art drum set.  Yep, that's right....a drum set!  Jesse's long lost dream in life to be a rock star drummer finally took over and captured him.  He was so excited and couldn't wait to play them.

Looking like this:
HA!!!! Jesse is going to kill me for that...

We had purchased them from a friend of ours so he brought them over and set everything up.  While they were downstairs I heard this strange rattling sound coming from upstairs and I didn't find out what it was until our friend had left our house.  As I walked outside to water my plants I heard the noise from the side of the house, so I walked around to it.  Then I found it........dread........the air conditioner.......was dancing around and jumping like crazy.  I ran inside and cut it off.  Then tried to cut it back on.........nothing.....off...on......still nothing...OH NO!!!!!  It was 96 degrees outside and I feared the worse.  I went and got Jesse and he took a look at it.  He walked back in the house and looked at me and said, "well, we have a big problem....I think it's busted....the blades got loose and shredded the inside and we are going to need a whole new unit....WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! 
We had just spent a lot of money on a new table and drum set...both items luxury and now we needed a necessity.  Not to worry...we had the money to fix it, remember my husband is a saver......but it just the irony of it all!  Turns out it we just needed a new fan and my paper pusher husband with a Mohawk (and I say that will all the love in the world...and he knows I think he rocks) doesn't know much about air conditioners.
I am writing this while sitting here with 5 fans blowing and the house a balmy 83 degrees......I could care less about the table or drums right now!

"Isn't it ironic, don't you think.  A little too ironic...yeah, I really to think
It's like rain on your wedding day,
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
And who would've thought, it figures"
Alanis Morissette 'Ironic'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...