Tuesday, July 6, 2010

#4 & #3 Hair Cut & Frostbite

#4
Hair Cut

Let me apologize before I start for my **  in this story.  There was no other way to explain! If any of you have ever watched the movies Jack A**  You will know what I am talking about.  If not, well you will still laugh a little.....or just think that I am evil.
The movies are about a bunch of guys running around and doing stupid stunts....real stupid.  Don't ask me why we watched them, but we did.  Anyways, in one of the movies they carried around hair clippers everywhere and every now and then they would walk up behind one of their friends and take a huge chunk out of their hair. 
Every so often Jesse will ask me to trim up his neck in between hair cuts.  The other night he asked again and while I trimming I made the comment...."hey, what if I did to you like they do in the movie Jack A**" (except I said Jack Butt).  I can't tell you what came over me next, but I took those clippers and took a chunk out of his hair.  He screamed like a child and said "please tell me you didn't just do that".  But I could tell he already knew I did only because I was in the fetal position on the floor snot laughing.  It tickled me so bad and I don't know why.  Before you think that I am such a  horrible person please know that he was going to shave his head that night anyways.  So the spot I left wasn't so noticeable after he was done.....it just looked like a "little" bald spot ; )

# 3
Frostbite

As with most couples during the first year of  marriage we fought the most.  It wasn't anything serious mostly petty stuff.  As I mentioned earlier we lived in a little 850 square foot house when we first married so there wasn't a lot of places to go to get away from each other when we were fighting.  One night something spurred a little tiff and Jesse decided that he didn't want to deal with it that night, so he hops out of bed and goes to sleep on the couch.  I have to say that this did not settle well with me.  We all know that the Bible says "Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry".  I don't know if I was thinking that at the time or that I was just miffed that he left me there with an unresolved fight!  So I did what any scorned wife would do.  I walked over to the thermostat and turned the air conditioner as low as it would go....I think around 50 degrees or so.  Then I went and got into bed and snuggled deep under the thick comforter.  You see I knew that Jesse only had the throw blanket that was on the back of the couch and the rest of the blankets were in the bedroom with me.  I would say it was around 2:00 in the morning when Jesse came in the bedroom freezing and got back into bed, snuggled me close and said how sorry he was.  The next morning he made some comment about it being so cold and got up to check the thermostat.....only to realize that it was down on 50......he asked if I had done it and I couldn't help from laughing.....after all I did win that fight.  I will say he has never left to sleep on the couch again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...