Thursday, August 12, 2010

These Boots Were Made For Hunting

I was reminded last night of this story by a dear friend and couldn't believe that I haven't shared it.

As most of you know my husband is an avid hunter.  I'm talking, ducks, geese, deer, turkey, dove, etc......  He loves to be outdoors and loves to hunt.  In fact my basement is dedicated to his "trophy's" and at any given time during hunting season you will find some kind of hunting gear lying around.
Last year I bought him some new boots....state of the art....keep your feet warm and dry boots.  He goes through a pair a year so he was excited to get these "not so cheap" boots and I mean "not so cheap" literally!
After hunting he takes the boots off and places them on the landing in the garage so they can dry.  This is their permanent place during hunting season. 
Hunters get up and go hunting early in the morning before the sun comes up.  Everything is dark and still and Jesse always fights to get out of the house without waking everyone.  So one morning he dressed and walked out to the garage and stepped into his boots.  All of a sudden he feels something wet on his foot.  He pulls his foot out of the boot trying to figure out why the inside of his boot was wet.  He lifts the boot up and smells it only to realize that someone has PEED inside his "not so cheap" boot.  His sock is now wet and there is no way to get his boot clean and dry by the time he has to leave. 
You may also know that to be a successful hunter you have to be scentless....and....well pee is what you would call a deterrent to deer. 
He found his old boots changed his socks and left.  Later that morning he called to check in and told me what had happened.  Of course I was laughing, and I looked over at the boys and said "hey guys, did one of you pee in daddy's boots?".  With that Eli perks up, cocks his head to the side, smirks and says "YEA, I DID"!  Man I love that kid!
This has nothing to do with the story, but I love this picture.  This is Andrew trying on Jesse's boots when he was 1 1/2 year old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...