Monday, January 3, 2011

Banana Bread




BANANA BREAD
Courtesy of my sweet cooking MOMMA!  Love her so much and love her food....hence the reason I gain 5 lbs every time I go home!
I grew up on this bread and it is my most favorite!  Hope you all enjoy!

1 1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup softened Butter
2 cups Plain Flour
2 Eggs
4 Tbsp Buttermilk
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
3 ripe Bananas
1/2 cup chopped Pecans
2 tsp Vanilla

Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.  Add eggs and milk...then add the dry ingredients.  Mix well.  Add bananas, vanilla, and pecans.  Pour into a greased and floured loaf or tube pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for around 50 minutes (start checking on it around 40 mins though). 
For those of you who are new to cooking and have no clue what a greased floured pan is....then here you go:  A greased floured pan is one that you take butter or Crisco and grease it all up on the inside (and yes your hands get really messy....but great moisturizer...jk)....or you can put the butter or Crisco on with a paper towel...my method of choice.  Then you put a couple of tablespoons of flour in and swirl it all around getting every nook and cranny of that pan covered in flour..TADA!
If you make this leave me some feed back and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...