Monday, January 17, 2011

Shrimp & Pasta in Foil


SHRIMP & PASTA IN FOIL
This recipe is courtesy of the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond.  I came upon her website around a year ago and fell in love!  She makes some incredible dishes and this is one of them!  If you haven't checked her out you need too!!!  Her website is:  http://thepioneerwoman.com/
The only thing I changed from her original recipe is that I added Parmesan cheese in the tomato sauce and again at the end on top of the dish! 

1/2 cup Olive Oil
4 Cloves of garlic (minced)
3- 14.5 oz Cans Diced Tomatoes (I used the fire roasted can tomatoes)
1/2 cup White Wine (you can substitute chicken broth)
2 Lbs of Jumbo or Large Shrimp peeled and deveined (I like getting the raw frozen peeled)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 Lb of Linguine (uncooked)
Red Pepper Flakes to taste (if you like it with a kick...I omit this ingredient)
Parmesan cheese 
1 Lemon

Okay, here we go:
Take out a large pot and fill it with water. Add some Olive Oil and garlic salt.  Cook the pasta for 1/2 the recommended cooking time (the recommended cooking time will be on the back of the box the pasta came in).  The pasta should not be all the way done.  I think I cooked mine around 7 minutes.
Now take your large skillet and heat 1/2 cup Olive oil over medium heat then add the garlic and saute for a minute. 
 *If you're like me and hate chopping garlic you can always get a Garlic Press..the one I use is from Pampered Chef (shocking I know)....here's the link:

Dump in the tomatoes, wine (or chicken broth), and Parmesan cheese.  Stir the mixture together and season it with salt and pepper (and pepper flakes if you desire) and let it cook for around ten minutes. Make sure to taste, taste, taste to make sure you get your seasonings right!!

Meanwhile, prepare a huge piece of aluminum foil.  It should be large enough to hold the entire pasta dish (which is huge btw)  I use three long sheets of aluminum foil over a cookie sheet.  I layer them so the juices won't run everywhere. 
Take the shrimp and throw them on top of the pasta sauce.  Then throw the drained pasta  on top. Then  take everything and pour the it onto the foil.  Sprinkle some more Parmesan cheese over the top and then sprinkle the chopped parsley over the entire dish.  Tightly wrap the foil into a nice little (big) package.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  Open the foil right before serving and drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil over the top then squeeze lemon over the dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...