Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dance Trance

A few weeks ago I wrote about Jesse's upcoming Christmas party with his company.  Well I am happy to report that when the day arrived my "lobsterness" was gone and there was no peeling left behind..WHEW! 
The evening was somewhat uneventful except for the fact that I was reminded of what a suave dancer my husband is.
Jesse and I have been together nearly 12 years now and in those 12 years we have only danced a  handful of times....and by dance I mean sway back and forth in a slow song.  Let me explain my past.  I was born and raised a "southern" pastor's daughter in the Nazarene church.  For those of you who have no clue what the "Nazarene" church is then let me clue you in on one simple little fact....WE DON'T DANCE!  Not that it's a sin.....we just don't dance.....we like to call it "foot fellowship".
My dad left the pastorate when I was around 12 years old so I was allowed the freedom to explore my wiggling foot. I'm not busting on the Nazarene church.  They have come a long was with this sort of stuff...they even allow movies theaters now ; ).......but my parents grew up in the stone age where it was not permitted.
Anyways, still with my new found permission, dancing was one of those things I just wasn't good at so I didn't do!  Simple put.....I have no rhythm!  Funny I know since I am musically inclined....but my body doesn't seem to know what to do with itself outside of singing.
I wasn't granted the Britney Spears marriage of song and dance....nope just song for me!

Which brings me to Jesse.....who has moves that makes him look like he's gliding across ice.  Granted, he wasn't given the song and dance marriage either...just dance for him.  His song sounds more like a sea gull squawking, but his dance is smooth and entrancing like a swan....that break dances...HA!
He can POP, LOCK and DROP it with the best of them!

So there I sat at our table at the Christmas party, when I glance over and see my husband surrounded by a crowd of his employees just chatting away....and then out of no where he breaks out this dance sequence that had every one's jaws on the floor...not bad for an old man!  Then he turns, smooths down his tie, buttons his suit jacket and walks away leaving the room stunned by his greatness!  MY MAN HAS MOVES!
Then I joined him on the dance floor for a slow song so I could do my "sway to the left, sway to the right" moves....CLASSIC!
Wish I had pictures to post....maybe one day I will be allowed to capture the essence of "Jesse the Body"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...