Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Santa Claus

"Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus"......only if you're a kid.....because if there were a Santa for all, then he wouldn't torture parents with the exhausting line to see him...with your kids dressed up......for pictures...with Ole' Saint Nick!
Guess you can tell what I did today!  WOWZER!
My heart is still skipping ninety to nothing from the anxiety of this afternoon.

I realized that today..the 21st of December, that I have yet to get my kids picture made with the Jolly fellow in red.  So I thought I had better get to it since I was in fact running out of time. 
I haven't been feeling 100% here lately.  This cold that I've had has whipped my tail and made me extremely tired....and CRANKY!  So what better than to dress the kids up in their Christmas attire and head to the crazy Santa Village to get a photo that my kids would probably scream in fear of.
When we arrived I realized that I might have made a bad choice....seeing how long the line was and how whinny my kids were.  But we were there...dressed and we WOULD get that picture!
I pressed on....the line crawled forward slowly....then MY HUSBAND ABANDONED ME!  He left....went to look around....said he'd be back in a few....WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?
There I stood helpless with three little monsters that I was trying to keep tidy.  Andrew and Eli started with the never ending question of  "how much longer", with Sissy Lou chiming in with her wants to wonder! 
Nonetheless, we made it.....not the greatest picture...but we got it!  These are our pictures that Jesse snapped off...so that's why we are all looking the other way!

Payton was more disturbed that she couldn't get all the candy canes than frightened of Santa...hence the reason why I am holding her.  She had just thrown a fit when I pulled her out of the bag of candy! 
Boy....the things we do for our kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...